Student Ministries is excited to offer its first online course in Youth Ministry from January 16 to the end of March 2012.
Youth Ministry, is taught by Covenant Seminary professor, Mark Davis, through their worldwide class room. Mark Steimer, Student Ministries Committee member and youth pastor at Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church, TN will facilitate the class forum.
Youth workers will benefit from quality training without leaving home; yet, benefiting from interaction with “classmates” from around the EPC.
The course is ideal for all EPC youth workers (volunteer, part-time, fulltime, interns, veterans and newbies alike). Whether you are a volunteer hoping to get something started for the students at your church or a staff member looking for some continuing education this course, the cost (did we mention it’s FREE) and interaction with other EPCers has it all.
Those taking the course will listen to 2 audio lectures each week and thereafter interact with the group through an online chat room/bulletin board. Conference calls will be scheduled to cover the supplemental reading.
Suggested reading: Purpose Driven Youth Ministry, Doug Fields; Starting Right: Thinking Theologically About Youth Ministry, Dean, et. al.; Connecting, Larry Crabb
If you’re ready to sign up then follow the 3 Steps to Register Below!
STEP ONE: Register for the Covenant Seminary course:
1. Go to http://worldwide-classroom.com/
2. Click on the Register – Free link
3. Create your Profile
4. Choose your Study Plan
a. Which Plan? - None, I’ll follow my own study plan or other as desired
b. Select all that apply
c. Publications to select if you wish
5. Submit Profile page
6. Continue to Log-in Page
7. Log-in My Classroom
8. Click on - Start a New Course
9. Click on CE521 - Youth Ministry (in alpha order – last course)
10. Preview Course – check out listening options/syllabus/study guides/suggested reading
STEP TWO: Become a Member of EPC Community at www.epc.socialgo.com
1. Click on “Not a Member? Sign up Now”
2. When prompted for an Access Code use: EPC1981 This is case-sensitive
3. Complete Registration Page by filling in your personal information
4. When completed click on “Sign Up” link
5. A confirmation email will be sent emailed to you - Look for a message from Evangelical Presbyterian Church. In that message is a link that says “Click here”. When you click that link, your Web browser will open to http://EPC.SocialGo.com and you will be logged into your account.
6. Need further help becoming a Member? Find written and audio instructions, by clicking the HELP tab then click on either the “How to create an EPC Community profile” link for video instructions or the “Step-by-Step How to Join EPC Community” for written instructions.
STEP THREE: Join the Group – YOUTH MINISTRY COURSE – January to March 2012
1. Click on the Groups Link
2. Click on the New Groups Link
3. Near the top of this list you will find the YOUTH MINISTRY COURSE
4. Join Group by clicking on the link of the right side